Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sick to my stomach

Yesterday a doctor, Kermit Gosnell, (I'm not even going to go to the place where his name totally disgraces one of my childhood favorite beings, Kermit the Frog) was convicted of murdering three babies by cutting their spinal cords with scissors.

When I read the verdict and the testimonies of the witnesses, I was literally sick to my stomach. I read it on my break at work and I got teary. This was my first time ever truly feeling sick when reading an article. Don't get me wrong, I am completely pro-choice but this.... This was something else. The way the babies/fetuses were stored ("The remains of aborted fetuses were stored in water jugs, pet food containers and a freezer at the clinic" after to me shows that he knew he was doing something wrong. He was also convicted of involuntary manslaughter of this woman because he used too much anesthesia (which actually does happen but in his facility which was reported to be understaffed and also staffed with unqualified people, just makes the situation that much worse.)

His defense was that he was doing it for the good of low-income minority women. Honestly, I keep praying that this is true and somehow, at least one of one of these women will step forward... because I really can't stomach or process the fact that a person would have a baby be born and see it breathing... then cut the spinal cord. Why go that route?

If you can stomach sad things, here's an article about the trial:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/justice/pennsylvania-abortion-doctor-trial/index.html

and then an article about one of his patients:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/justice/pennsylvania-abortion-doctor-regrets/

No comments:

Post a Comment